Pro-Ject Audio Debut Carbon DC Phono USB Turntable
'Vinyl won't survive,' they said, throughout the transition era where tapes reigned supreme and CDs started to emerge. When music started to be digitised, compressed, and turned into something it wasn't. They didn't count on us remembering that classic sound, that quality, that had the potential to move us.
And then we came along with the Debut model. Beginning production in the late 90s in the Czech town of Litovel, East of Prague, we wanted to change the game with a low cost turntable that could bring that experience back. So we did.
Today's Debut Carbon DC Phono USB is a very different turntable, with precision as a big factor on top of design and sound quality. It also embraces digital trends, with a USB output to record your favourite vinyl to your computer with no loss of quality. In line with turntables with a much higher price tag, the Debut Carbon DC Phono USB has a carbon fibre tonearm and heavy platter to reduce resonance for smooth, clear music, and comes pre-fitted with the Ortofon OM10 cartridge to match. We've also upgraded it with a DC power supply for more precise speed stability and reduced vibrations.
Check out this Debut line turntable in Daft Punk's Random Access Memories unboxing:
8.6" Carbon tonearm
We use premium, cutting edge materials for all our components, especially our carbon fibre Debut Carbon tonearm.
- Higher rigidity
- Heavily reduced reverberation
- No sound colouration - your music sounds pure and natural
- Pre-fitted with Ortofon OM10 cartridge for great sound and a quick start
Sorbothane motor suspension
Our new suspension system ensures noise and vibration is kept to a bare minimum for the best sound.
- Significant reduction in vibration
- Minimised rumble
- Interference-free drive mechanism for pure uninterrupted audio
- Powered by a DC supply with ultra frequency DC-driven AV generator for greater speed stability
Full width, medium density main platter
The Debut Carbon utilises a medium density platter with a diameter wide enough to support the entire LP for increased stability.
- Improved wow & flutter
- Felt mat provided for record grip and smooth performance
The inbuilt phono stage allows for easy use with any turntable or powered speaker, as well as the ability to record your favourite records to your computer in lossless formats.
- Audiophile quality conversion
- Supplied 3.5mm jack for use with any computer, MIDI system or mixer
- Dual-mono low noise circuitry
- Optimised for performance with Ortofon OM cartridges