NAD CS1 Endpoint Network Streamer
NAD CS1 Endpoint Network Streamer
NAD’s affordable CS1 Endpoint Network Streamer lets you add music streaming capability to any stereo or home-theatre system. Or you can configure a low-footprint music system for your den or home office by connecting the CS1 to a pair of powered speakers. The CS1 supports the most popular network streaming and casting protocols, including Apple AirPlay 2, Chromecast, Spotify Connect, Tidal Connect, DLNA mobile and computer apps*, and Roon, so you can control playback with the music apps you use every day. The CS1 employs audiophile-grade components and can play high-resolution audio, up to 24-bit/192kHz.
FEATURES & DETAILS
- Compact, minimalist design
- Built-in Bluetooth
- Dual-band Wi-Fi plus LAN Ethernet port
- Stereo analogue, optical digital, and coaxial digital outputs
- Premium differential DAC design based on Texas Instruments PCM5141 DAC, with support for 24-bit/192kHz high-resolution audio
- High-resolution music streaming from Tidal
- Apple AirPlay 2 support allows CD-resolution streaming from any audio app on an iPhone, iPad, or Mac
- Chromecast support allows playback at up to 24-bit/96kHz resolution from any Cast-enabled app on a smartphone, tablet, or personal computer
- Spotify Connect and Tidal Connect support lets users cue up music on a smart device, then transfer playback to the CS1
- DLNA support allows streaming at up to 24-bit/192kHz resolution from any DLNA-capable music app.*
- Roon subscribers can stream audio to the CS1 from their personal libraries and online services supported by Roon
- * Certification in process
CS1 ENDPOINT NETWORK STREAMER
Plug and Play
A compact, minimalist design, the NAD CS1 has a pair of line-level analogue RCA outputs for connection to a stereo receiver, integrated amp, preamplifier, or a pair of powered speakers. Alternatively, you can use the CS1’s optical or coaxial output to send digital audio to an AV receiver, external DAC, or a pair of powered speakers with digital input, at up to 24-bit/192kHz resolution.
You can connect the CS1 to your home network via Wi-Fi or hardwire its LAN Ethernet port to your network router or an access point, or use Bluetooth® to pair the CS1 with your mobile device.
Stream Your Way
You don’t have to install special apps to play music through the NAD CS1 Endpoint Network Streamer. Using Bluetooth, you can stream audio from any app on your smartphone, tablet, or computer.
You’ll get even better sound via Wi-Fi or Ethernet. The CS1 supports AirPlay 2, so you can stream CD-resolution audio from any app on an iPhone, iPad, or Mac, or from an iTunes library on a Windows PC. With Chromecast, you can choose the music you want to hear in any Cast-enabled app on a mobile device or personal computer, then transfer playback to the CS1 at up to 24-bit/96kHz resolution.
Spotify and Tidal subscribers can cue up music in the apps for those services, then transfer playback from their device to the CS1. Roon subscribers can play music from their digital libraries and from streaming services supported by Roon.
The CS1 features an advanced differential digital section based on Texas Instruments’ PCM5141 DAC, a design known for its wide dynamic range, low noise floor, and immunity to clock jitter. It supports resolution up to 24-bit/192kHz and has MQA pass-through support for both digital outputs, enabling full decoding and rendering by a compatible external DAC for playing Master Quality Authenticated music.
Streaming doesn’t get easier than this. Pair the NAD CS1 Endpoint Network Streamer with your mobile device or connect it to your home network, then use your favorite apps to choose the music you want to hear. Then sit back and enjoy glorious, high-fidelity sound.
- THD + N (20 Hz – 20 kHz): <0.03% 20-20 kHz -1dBFS output
- Signal-to-Noise ratio: -94dB (ref 2V)
- Frequency response: 20-20 kHz +/-0.3dB; 50 kHz -3dB
- Native sampling rate: Up to 192 kHz
- Bit depth: 16-24
- Supported audio file format: LPCM, MP3, AC3, Ogg Vorbis, HE-AAC, MQA & WMA decode capability
- Supported 3rd party service provider: Spotify Connect, Tidal Connect, Apple AirPlay 2, Google Chromecast, DLNA, Roon
- DAC: TI PCM5254
- Processor: ARM® Cortex™ -A53, Quad-Core, 1.5GHz per core
- AC adapter
- Input: 100-240V AC 0.3A
- Output: 5V DC 1A
- Network connectivity:
- Ethernet RJ45 100 Mbps
- Wi-Fi 5 (802.11ac 2.4GHz/5 GHz)
- Bluetooth 5.0
- BT Profiles: A2DP 1.2, AVRCP 1.3, SPP, HFP, HSP, HOGP
- NFC: NFC for easy Bluetooth connection
- 12V Trigger Out: 3.5mm Mini-jack x 1
- Analog Out: RCA x 1
- Coaxial Out: RCA 75 ohms
- Optical Out: TOSLINK x 1
- USB IN: USB C for AC adapter
- * Certification in progress as of publishing date
- Status Indicator: Front Panel LED
- Function Button: Front Panel Function Button
- Power Consumption: 0.5W Network Standby
- Finish: Black
DIMENSION AND WEIGHT
- Gross dimensions (W x H x D)**: 140 x 140 x 55 mm (5 1/2 x 5 1/2 x 2 1/16 inches)
- Net Weight: 1.5 kgs / 3.3 lbs
- Shipping Weight: 1.7 kgs / 3.8 lbs
- ** Gross dimension includes feet and other extended front and rear panel terminals.
Brisbane HiFi offers free shipping within Australia on orders over $1,000AUD. We also offer personal delivery by our team on a case-by-case basis, dependent on location.
Brisbane HiFi offers a 30-day full refund on most unopened items, (excluding special order) and honours full manufacturer's warranty.